We collect your personal information because it assists us in delivering a high level of customer service. For example, your personal information helps us to keep you informed and up-to-date on the latest product updates and announcements as well as special offers that may be extended from time to time.
“Personal information” means information or an opinion about an individual as defined in Section 6 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which is collected, used, disclosed, stored or handled by the Supplier for the purposes of this agreement.
GreyTeak Technologies will comply with provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and under Australian Jurisdiction.
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you provide information directly to us in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic, via our communication tools or otherwise);
- when you visit and/or use the Website, in which case, we record information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access device; and
- from third parties such as our related entities, service providers to us, operators of linked websites, applications and advertising on the Website.
- your name, user ID’s and passwords, phone number, mobile telephone number, email address, physical address and other contact information;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- records and content of communications with us or any other person including when using Website communication tools;
- personal information based on your activities on the Website;
- personal information you provide to us through any discussions boards, correspondence, member information pages, disputes, or shared by you from other social applications, services or websites;
- to the extent permitted by law, other personal information provided by or obtained from third parties (such as a credit bureau) including navigation and demographic data and credit check information;
- personal information from your interaction with the Website and its content and advertising, including device identifiers, device type, geo-location information, connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, mobile network information, time, date, referring URL, the type of operating system and browser, ad data, IP address and standard web log data.
Information is not associated with you personally unless you have registered an account with the Website.
Our principal purpose in collecting, using and storing your personal information is to provide you with access to and use of the Website in a personalised, safe and efficient manner. You consent to us collecting, using, storing and sharing your personal information to:
- operate the Website, generate content and provide customer support and billing services (including updates and improvements);
- provide the services requested by you;
- research, develop and improve our services;
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with our services;
- to generate statistics in relation to the Website;
- verify information for accuracy or completeness (including by way of verification with third parties);
- contact you at your contact details we have collected, by way of voice call, post, text message or email;
- aggregate and/or make anonymous your personal information, so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you;
- collect fees, resolve disputes and to identify, test and resolve problems;
- notify you about the Website and updates to the Website from time to time; or
- supply you with generalised, targeted or personalised marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications based on your preferences, and measure and improve our marketing, advertising and promotions based on your ad customisation preferences.
Other than GreyTeak Technologies representatives and authorized affiliates (such as value-added resellers), GreyTeak Technologies does not offer, sell, or otherwise make available any user-provided information to third parties.
- When you provide us with your name, email address, mailing address or telephone number, and you do not “opt-out”, we and our representatives and authorized affiliates may use the provided information to alert you to product updates, special offers, updated information, new products and other GreyTeak Technologies information.
- If you do not want us or our representatives to contact you, you may “opt-out” at any time.
- You may “opt-out” by contacting our Customer Service Department or by following the instructions included in the email correspondence.
- If you “Opt Out” you may not be permitted to continue to use the Website or some of our services.
- GreyTeak Technologies will send notifications regarding product updates and technical support notices. These messages are deemed essential to the functionality of your product and as such, there is no “opt-out” available for update notifications.
- GreyTeak Technologies’ website utilizes visitor log files or cookies as well as hosted tracking with our website.
- The information collected with visitor cookies and through the hosted tracking is used to gain a better understanding of which sections of our site are most important to our users as well as identify possible navigation issues.
- This allows us to enhance your user experience in the future. The data collected from these visitor cookies and hosted tracking does not collect any personally identifiable information and is used in aggregate form only.
- Where personal information is required, the GreyTeak Technologies website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to transmit this data. This is done to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of the information you have offered.
- While we strive to protect the personal information you submit to us, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As such, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our products and you do so at your own risk. Once your information has been received by us, we will make our best effort to ensure the safety and security on our systems.
- At times, we may hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf. Such limited services include, but are not limited to, order fulfillment, direct mail services and answering customer questions about products and services. These companies will only be provided the information they need to perform the service, and they are strictly prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- GreyTeak Technologies may occasionally present a special contest or promotion sponsored by another company. You may be asked to provide personal information in order to quality for this contest or promotion. If your personal information will be shared with the sponsor(s), you will be notified prior to your submission of personal information.
- comply with any applicable law, request by a governmental agency or regulatory authority or legally binding court order;
- respond to or resolve claims that a member has violated the rights of others;
- protect a person’s rights, property or safety;
- our directors, staff, contractors, professional advisers and related entities;
- outsourced service providers who assist us to provide its services such as information technology providers and marketing advisers (including in relation to fee collection, fraud investigations and Website operations);
- third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send, or consent to us sending, your personal information;
- credit agencies (including regarding missed and late payments or other defaults or breaches on your account); or
- You are prohibited from engaging in spam, spyware or spoofing type activities, regardless of whether directed towards us or other users of us.
- You are not permitted to add a user or member to your mailing list (postal or email details included) without the written consent of a user or member.
- To report spam, spyware or spoof activities to us, please contact us.
- It is important that you protect your password by using unique letters, numbers and special characters and by not sharing your password with any third party. If you disclose or lose control of your password or your personal information to a third party, you may be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account or with this information including legally binding actions taken on your behalf. If you suspect that your password or account has been comprised, you must immediately notify us and change your password.
- You can access and amend much of your personal information by logging into your account. It is your responsibility to ensure that such information is accurate and up to date. In most cases, we will not amend your personal information on your behalf for the reason that it will be difficult for us to confirm your identity.
- We store and process your personal information on our host’s servers, currently located in multiply locations around the world. You consent to the transfer, storage and retention of that information onto the servers of our host provider used from time to time by us, regardless of the location of those servers.
- We have taken steps to protect your personal information by contracting with a third party to provide technical and security measures. These measures are designed to mitigate, but do not guarantee against, the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration.
- If you request us to do so, we will as soon as reasonably practicable close your Website account.
- We may use your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing if you gave us that information directly, it is reasonable to expect that you would receive this type of information from us and you have not already asked us to stop or “opted out”.
- We will not use any sensitive information for direct marketing.